Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pasta Salad

So Tonight I made one of Fi and I's favorite dishes .. Antipasta Pasta Salad.. So I thought I would share.. You can be as creative as you like with this dish You can add as many veggies as you like and you can get as healthy as your mind can imagine.. I start with the basic items..
1lb of Rotini
1 lb of cubed cheese (I prefer Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack)
2 Medium Onions
1 Pepper (Or more to taste)
1 lb of Hard Salami
1 Can of sliced Olives
I jar of Pepperoncinis Sliced
1 Bottle of your favorite Italian Dressing(You can also use a vinagrette or Balsamic Vineger and Olive Oil)
Sometimes I add Celery, Cherry Tomatos, Cucumbers.. etc..


Step 1:
You can start by boiling the Pasta to taste according to the directions on the box... Make sure to season the water with Salt





Step 2:
While the Pasta is boiling, Chop all of your vegetables .. I like to leave them chunky so that the pasta salad is a little heartier



Step 3:
Drain your sliced Olives

Step 4:
Chop your Salami into Chunks



Step 5:
Place all of your ingredients (except Pasta) into a large bowl

Step 7:
Pour in 3/4 of the bottle of dressing


Step 8:
Blend Everything Together evenly (Ignore my black specks.. I mistakenly bought chopped olives instead of sliced hehe)





Step 9:
Once you have drained your pasta and it has cooled to room temperature.. add it to your antipasta and blend evenly





Enjoy!

No comments: