Monday, September 29, 2008
I think this would make for a fabulous wedding day hairstyle..
Have you found any other videos that you enoy that would be a great tutorial? I would lvoe to try them!
Here are my results!
Please excuse the lack of make up
Friday, September 26, 2008
This is my first time, and I have to say I feel special that others are even reading my blog let alone tagging me! So I will do my best!
Thank you Tayia at Love, Life, and Maple Leafs .. This is actually a new blog that I have found and if you are planning on DIY for your bouquets.. definitely check out her bouquet wraps!
Alright, so here we go!
4 things I did today:
1. I picked up all of my supplies for our "wedding intervention" tomorrow.. This is a Get together a group of friends is throwing for me to get a handle on quite a few of my DIY projects including invites, pomanders, favors, tissue pouches and many many more things..
2. I conversed with Etsy Seller Debrashi in regards to my flower hair pics for my wedding.. She makes clay flower arrangements, bouts, hair picks, and many other projects.. I am hoping to have her make me an orchid cluster, each of my girls a single orchid hair clip, and my flower girl an orchid hairband.. Knottie Rebmav raved about the Gardenia she had Debrashi make for her. I've also been told that they are surprisingly light!
3. Today was the last day in my current job, so today my co-workers and I celebrated my promotion with a fabulous breakfast they brought in for me, as well as packed up my desk :(
4. I applied to be a WeddingBee! That's right!
4 things on my To Do list:
1. I need to write my paper on what leadership means to me for my Leadership Development course
2. I need to re-make, print, and cut my Direction inserts for my wedding invitations
3. I need to clean my house! I Swear that my fiance is going to divorce me before we ever get to our wedding day! (I am the self-proclaimed "World's Worst Housekeeper")
4. I need to mail out my Gift Swap Gift to one of my fellow January 09 Boards.. I was supposed to send this to her over a month ago and it has just escaped me.. I can't apologize enough to her!
4 of my guiltiest pleasures:
1. NACHOS! lol, does food count?
2. The Knot .. I am officially addicted to it and my fellow knotties.. I can't get enough wedding questions, suggestions ,and ideas!
On another note,
Things have been rolling along smoothly for me. Today was my very last day in my current job. I have held my position for almost 3 years now in the Legal Compliance department where I have filed, and pushed, and prodded with attorneys, state agencies, clients, and co-workers. I have to say that it has been an interesting three years and I have seen myself grow as an individual as well as a professional. I will miss my co-workers dearly, but luckily I will still be working for the same company.
On Monday, I will begin my new position as a Client Relations Manager. What that has in store for me, I'm not quite sure. I am positive however that the changes will offer me an enormous opportunity for growth.
Between a new job, the wedding itself, staying healthy, and school I know that I will have a lot on my plate.. but I know with everyone's patience and support that we will make it to the finish line! i look forward to sharing with everyone as we get closer and closer. Do any of you balance a large plate as well while planning? I'm interested to know if I am the only one out there.
BTW.. 99 DAYS UNTIL MY WEDDING!!!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Yes ladies and gentlemen, you can even DIY Napkins. Matchbooks.. the possibilities are endless!
What you will need:
A Stamp of your choosing... I had a custom monogram stamp made on Ebay by seller Longchai for about $10 and I LOVE it...
StayZOn PErmanent Ink in your choice of colors..
Napkins or Matchbooks
I just recommend getting a good coat of ink on yoru stamp and then pealing it off of the napkin slowly so that it does not tare.... Here are the pics and the pic of the water test... no smudging yay!!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Saturday, September 20, 2008
1lb of Rotini
1 lb of cubed cheese (I prefer Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack)
2 Medium Onions
1 Pepper (Or more to taste)
1 lb of Hard Salami
1 Can of sliced Olives
I jar of Pepperoncinis Sliced
1 Bottle of your favorite Italian Dressing(You can also use a vinagrette or Balsamic Vineger and Olive Oil)
Sometimes I add Celery, Cherry Tomatos, Cucumbers.. etc..
You can start by boiling the Pasta to taste according to the directions on the box... Make sure to season the water with Salt
While the Pasta is boiling, Chop all of your vegetables .. I like to leave them chunky so that the pasta salad is a little heartier
Drain your sliced Olives
Chop your Salami into Chunks
Place all of your ingredients (except Pasta) into a large bowl
Pour in 3/4 of the bottle of dressing
Blend Everything Together evenly (Ignore my black specks.. I mistakenly bought chopped olives instead of sliced hehe)
Once you have drained your pasta and it has cooled to room temperature.. add it to your antipasta and blend evenly
We made 3 cards, and two favor boxes which I think could easily be used for MANY wedding projects from favor boxes, to petal pouches.... You could use these for your bridal shower too! Here are pics of the projects we made and step by step instructions on the favor pouches...
Here is the Halloween Card we made:
Here is a Pitcure of the favor pouches:
What you will need:
Paper! (I used a 4x6 sheet of decorative paper, you can use anythign larger.. I wouldnt use anything smaller though... You wont be able to fit much.. I will be using 12x12 pages to make goodie favors for the kids in the wedding..
you will need some "Terribly Tacky Tape" Or any other tape that has a super hold!
Stamp and inkpad
Two sizes of round punches for the tag
A Whole Punch
You will need to line The Terribly Tacky tape along one whole edge of the paper..
1/3 of the paper size strip on the bottom left corner of the paper coming away from the side where you already lined the tape.. Place another piece a 1/3 size piece of tape in the middle of the top of the pageStep 3:
Peel the backing of the tape off on the long strip of tape.
Roll the paper like onto itself and seal it so that it forms a "toilet paper roll"
Peel the tape strip that is connected to the strip of tape that is already sealed (the corner strip) Squeeze the two sides together in order to seal the end of the tubeStep 5:
Place your favor, candy, truffles inside the favor box
Peel the tape backing off of the opene end of the tube Step 7:
Press the two sides together in order to seal the favor box
This is what your end result will look like
Stamp your design onto another piece of paper and punch it out with your smaller punch.. (you can also use square punches or use only one punch.. the options are endless) Step 9:
Punch the backing in a cordinating coler using the large sircle punch
Adhere the two punches together
Punch a whole in your tag
Punch a whole in the sealed edge of the favor box
Linbe the tage and the favor box together and tie together with the ribbon
Here is the end resultThe nice thing about these favors is that they are extremely versatile and the possibilities are endless... You could use these as escort cards for your guests, favors, bridal shower favors, halloween treats for the local kids, for your kids birthday parties, for your valentines gifts.. All sorts of things! Just let your imagination run wild