Sunday, August 24, 2008

DIY Aisle Runner





Hey ladies! I jsut had to share.. I finished my Monogramed Aisle runner tonight.. Here are the pics of the process.. It was pretty easy it just took some time.. First I printed the monogram that I wanted in a 4x4 foot size... It printed on about 9 pages .. I taped these together and then taped them onto a table.. I laid the aisle runner over it and taped it down (placed heavy items on them)

Then I took a pencil and outlined everything through the runner.. Once this was done I moved the stencil and taped down Wax PAper.. This ensure that the aisle runner doesnt stick to the surface.. plus the paint will blead through a little... Once it was taped down.. I taped down the aisle runner as well and begin to fill in my outline...



It took about 3 coats... I used some small amd fine sized brushes... once the three coats were done..





I used a brown sharpie paint pen to outline the letters.. this helped to clean it up a bit as well.. Once I was done outlining.. I touched the green up with a fine brush.. (this was because in some places I got a little craazy with the brown lol) Overall it was farely easy.. jsut time consuming.. GL!








2 comments:

It's A Jaime Thing said...

You are so crafty, I'm jealous! lol Very cool...thanks for sharing such great ideas w/all of us! :)

-Jaime

Laurel said...

Anytime! I enjoy sharing them!